Sunday, May 30, 2010

Arrow Park, NY- A European style cultural retreat!

It's Murman, here, A favorite European style retreat is Arrow Park, located in Monroe, NY off of Orange Turnpike. It has been a cultural retreat for me and my family since I was 7 years old! The lake is a soft water that is astonishingly beautiful and clear. There is swimming, boating, picnicking and hiking. And if you search, you may even find some sassafras growing along the lake trail there! (It's fragrance is similar to root beer) My parents took me up there and it was the first place that I remember that had a garden complete with a fountain where accordionists gather and play Slavic melodies! On Saturday, June 12th there will be the opening banquet for their 62nd season. There will be live music of balalaika and accordion as you walk into the Main House dining room. The menu is a mix of Slavic foods that always includes great borscht! Call for reservations and meet me there and we can walk among the statues of the "four immortals,"| TARAS SHEVCHENKO | ALEXANDER PUSHKIN | WALT WHITMAN | YANKA KUPALA! For info call ahead at (845) 783-2044 (The last time I went to the waterfalls that feeds the lake, it was running loud and fast, not unlike some of my music!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment